Have you or a loved one been hurt by someone else’s negligence?
Contact Feltoon Law, PLLC Today
Table of Contents
While out grocery shopping, Kimberly slips and falls on a slippery spot on the floor. Someone had just mopped up a spill, but they didn’t leave a sign out to alert patrons of the slick floor.
Kimberly fell and hit her head on the floor, resulting in her suffering a concussion.
The grocery store had a duty to protect shoppers by maintaining safe conditions for them. By failing to alert Kimberly of a potential danger, she received an injury she could have otherwise avoided.
Getting medical treatment and taking time off of work to recover will be a huge financial burden for Kimberly. However, by taking legal action and finding the best slip and fall lawyer, she can hold the store liable.
Kimberly’s story is one example of the many kinds of slip and fall cases. These accidents encompass a wide variety of injuries and can occur in various settings.
Do I Need to Seek Legal Action After a Slip and Fall Injury?
If you are like Kimberly and suffered a slip and fall injury due to the negligence of a property owner, It is crucial that you hire a lawyer.
One of the primary benefits of hiring a slip and fall lawyer is their ability to help you recover any lost wages. After an accident, you may be unable to work due to your injuries, resulting in a loss of income. A skilled attorney will assess your situation and calculate the amount of wages you have lost and will continue to lose in the future. In addition to lost wages, slip and fall lawyers can also assist you in recovering medical bills and other related expenses. Medical treatment can be costly, especially if your injuries require ongoing care or rehabilitation.
What To Look For in a Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Experience: Ensure you locate a lawyer with experience in the personal injury law, specifically in slip and fall cases. Asking lawyers about their experiences with slip and fall cases will help you understand their expertise and knowledge.
- Knowledge: You want to work with a lawyer that is up to date with current premise liability law. Also, lawyers who know the laws, rules, and procedures of the state and local courts will handle your case better. For personal injury expertise in the Austin area, Feltoon Law, PLLC is the firm you can trust. Call (737) 281-9100 for a free consultation.
- Fee Structure: Before pursuing any kind of legal action, it is important to understand the associated costs. In personal injury law, attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means they only get paid if you do. Asking a potential law firm if they use a contingency fee structure will help you avoid paying any out of pocket costs.
- Communication Skills: The best slip and fall lawyer will listen attentively to the details of your case and answer any questions you may have. Further, they should feel responsible for communicating the important aspects of your case, the strengths and weaknesses of your case, and how the legal process will proceed.
- Emergency room or Urgent care: Immediately after the fall, go to the emergency room or to an urgent care facility. If necessary, take an ambulance directly from the scene. Even if your injuries seem minor, going to a medical professional and having a thorough examination will serve as crucial evidence in your case later.
- Document the scene: Have your family, friends, or your lawyer document the scene and gather evidence on your behalf.
- Do not settle: If you suffer from a slip and fall injury at a commercial store such as Walmart or Home Depot, a representative may reach out to you. Do not speak with them, instead you should tell them that you are hiring an attorney. It is the attorney’s job to speak on your behalf.
- Hire a lawyer immediately: It is important to hire a slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible. Having legal representation will ensure that you are offered fair compensation for your injuries.
Understanding Slip and Fall Injuries
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries
- Cluttered Walkways
- Uneven Surfaces
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces
- Icy Surfaces
- Lack of Warning Signs
- Poor Lighting
- Badly Maintained Stairs and Railing
Where Slip and Fall Injuries Can Occur
Accidents are classified as a “slip and fall” when they occur on a property owned by someone else. Slip and fall accidents can occur in four types of places.
- The Workplace
- Commercial Property
- Personal Property
- Public Spaces
Property owners and their representatives manage and maintain each of these spaces. These owners are legally responsible to maintain a level of safety to people who decide to enter the property.
Finding the best slip and fall lawyer is important for ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve. Slip and fall injuries can result in medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and lost wages, impacting the finances and security of you and your family. A skilled lawyer with experience, compassion, and personal injury knowledge will be best equipped to help get you justice.
At Feltoon Law, our priority is that the victims of slip and fall injuries get the full support and justice they deserve. If you are looking for the best slip and fall lawyer in Austin, Feltoon Law, PLLC is here for you. Call (737) 281-9100 to receive a free consultation with a personal injury attorney you can trust.
Have You Been Injured Due to Someone Else’s Negligence?
Personal Injury Attorney in Austin, TX
Feltoon Law, PLLC